5 Signs Your HVAC Unit Needs Repairs
Posted by Gold Medal Service
Most people do not think about their HVAC unit until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, most AC breakdowns tend to happen at the most inopportune times, leaving us to sweat out the hot summer or chill through the winter in discomfort. Thankfully, many HVAC catastrophes can be avoided through preventative maintenance and by keeping an eye out for certain signs of failure. Our Las Vegas HVAC professionals list some common warning signs that can help you identify any AC or heating-related issues before they get out of hand.
- Fluctuations in temperature: Do you find that even on full blast, your air conditioner or heater simply does not produce air that is as hot or cold as it once was? If the temperature of the air coming from your unit is inconsistent or if your unit simply isn’t doing its job, you may need to have your unit replaced.
- Weak airflow: Is little or weak air coming through your vents? This may be a sign that your unit’s compressor is bad. On the other hand, if you are finding that some areas are getting cooler or hotter than other areas of your home, the problem may be with your ducts.
- Thermostat issues: Some HVAC issues are not related to the unit at all, but instead are caused by a bad thermostat. Your thermostat may be failing if you experience inconsistent temperature in different rooms, or if one area gets hot or cold while the rest of the house stays the same temperature.
- Odd sounds: Grinding, squeaking, or other odd noises are usually an indication of a mechanical failure inside the unit itself. If ignored, this could result in a major breakdown.
- Foul odors: Odd odors can be attributed to a variety of HVAC problems. Pungent or foul smells are usually attributed to burning wire insulation, whereas musty odors are commonly a sign of the development of mold inside your unit or ductwork, leading to various health issues and fire hazards if not addressed promptly.
HVAC Unit Acting Up? Call Gold Medal Service – (702) 803-3700
At Gold Medal Service, our team of fully certified and licensed Las Vegas HVAC professionals have been providing trusted air conditioning and heating services to customers throughout Las Vegas since 1987. With flexible financing options and 24-hour availability, our family owned and operated company can provide the top-quality workmanship you need to restore comfort to your home.
Our testimonials speak for themselves. Schedule a service online today!